Tuesday, April 14, 2009

You Little Monster

To my surprise recently, it was brought to my attention by my daughter, that she had yet to read or be read Where the Wild Things Are which I thought was a mandatory read for young children in school. Or at least I think it should be. Also finding out that it is a book that had caught her attention because it is on a bookshelf in her class but has not been read to her just added the fuel for me to present her with the classic. I remember reading the book over and over as a child and thinking how cool it would be not only to be around monsters but to be their king. Silly I know. Thanks to my little girl, I was able to relive a fun time from my past and now the book is on her list of favorites. Needless to say the piece you see is the end result. I hear there is a movie in the works...

No comments: